Crafting the perfect playlist for your wedding day is no mean feat. After choosing the wedding processional songs, you’ll want to come up with a list of wedding reception songs. Great wedding reception music seamlessly blends romance with tunes that make you wanna dance all night long! While you’re wedding planning, try and think of the perfect song that epitomizes the love between the bride and groom. Mix this with party songs to dance to and a romantic tune or two, and voilà! Your reception playlist is guaranteed to be a hit!
So pause before you hand your wedding ceremony songs and reception setlist to the DJ. Check out our list of wedding reception song choices, and get ready to set the tone for your big day. Let’s get the party started!
RELATED POST: Alternative Wedding Reception Ideas to Surprise Your Guests!
Classic Wedding Reception Songs
To get started on selecting your wedding dance hits, pick some classic wedding anthems that you can’t go wrong with. Romantic tunes about love and friendship are classic wedding dance songs. Our list of traditional wedding reception songs will make you fall in love all over again on your wedding day. Add some of the couple’s favorite dance songs, and you’re well on your way to creating a unique reception playlist.
- “Come Fly with Me,” by Frank Sinatra
- “Shut Up and Dance,” Walk the Moon
- “You’re My Best Friend,” Queen
- “The Way You Make Me Feel,” Michael Jackson
- “You Make My Dreams,” by Hall & Oates
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “You Make My Dreams,” by Hall & Oates
- “Marry You,” by Bruno Mars
- “Africa” by Toto
- (Don’t Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
Pop Wedding Reception Songs
For your wedding reception, fun wedding tunes are a must. It is a party, after all! Mix in the most popular dance music with romantic ballads to get your guests moving again. If the dance floor is looking a little empty, it’s time to play some fun reception dance songs. Anticipate the most requested party songs and get inspired with our top pop wedding songs below.
- “Uptown Funk,” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
- “Happy,” by Pharrell Williams
- “Shake It Off,” by Taylor Swift
- “I Do,” by Colbie Caillat
- “Raise Your Glass,” by P!nk
- “Baby One More Time,” by Britney Spears
- “I Want It That Way,” by Backstreet Boys
- “As Long As You Love Me” by Backstreet Boys
- “I Wanna Grow Old With You” by Westlife
- “Kiss Me,” by Ed Sheeran
- “Unconditionally,” Katy Perry
- “Lay All Your Love On Me” by ABBA
- “Call Me Maybe” by Carly-Rae Jepsen
R and B Wedding Reception Songs
Who doesn’t love Beyoncé and Usher? You might not have thought of them, but they make great wedding songs for dancing! Mixing in some R&B sounds to your wedding reception playlist can give the party a unique vibe. Plus, they are good songs to dance to! Relax into the smooth vocals and dance beats on your big day with our suggestions below.
- “September,” Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Crazy in Love,” by Beyoncé and Jay Z
- “24K Magic,” by Bruno Mars
- “Un-Break My Heart” by Toni Braxton
- “I’ll Make Love To You,” by Boyz II Men
- “All Of Me” by John Legend
- “I Can Love You Like That” by All-4-One
- “Fantasy,” by Mariah Carey
- “Always Be My Baby,” by Mariah Carey
- “You Make Me Wanna,” by Usher
Hip hop Wedding Reception Songs
For even more unique songs for wedding receptions, consider hip hop as an alternative genre. Bring a cool New York street party feel to your wedding. Hip hop tunes make fun dance songs, and everyone likes to see Grandma try and rap along! We’ve collected some of the best hip hop wedding songs to give your big day the flair it deserves.
- “Yeah,” by Usher
- “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It,” by Will Smith
- “Baby Got Back,” by Sir Mix-A-Lot
- “Travis Scott feat. Young Thug & M.I.A.” by FRANCHISE
- “Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion” by WAP
- “Post Malone” by Circles
- “Post Malone & Swae Lee” by Sunflower
- “Drake feat. Lil Durk” by Laugh Now Cry Later
- “Sada Baby” by Whole Lotta Choppas
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone & Swae Lee
Rock Wedding Reception Songs
Break out that air guitar because we’ve got an incredible list of wedding reception songs for your big day! This wide-ranging genre has loads of upbeat songs to dance to. Rock music has something for everyone to appreciate, so it’s a superb crowd-pleaser. And they can be pretty romantic too, so they make great wedding party songs. Now, who’s on air drums?
- “XO,” by Beyoncé
- “You’re My Best Friend,” by Queen
- “You Shook Me All Night Long,” by AC/DC
- “Don’t Stop Believin’ “ by Journey
- “Highway to Hell” by AC/DC
- “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC
- “Start Me Up” by The Rolling Stones
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
- “My Generation” by The Who
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
Country Wedding Reception Songs
Yeehaw! Slip off your heels and pull on your cowboy boots for a rootin’ tootin’ country wedding! After the couple’s first dance, it’s time for the guest dance. Country and Western tunes are great for wedding music because they make you want to move! Whether you’re line dancing or swaying gently to a ballad, here are some fantastic songs to play at a wedding.
- “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” by John Denver
- “Butterflies,” by Kacey Musgraves
- “One Thing Right,” by Marshmello and Kane Brown
- “Bless the Broken Road,” by Rascal Flatts
- “Make Me Wanna,” by Thomas Rhett
- “Alright,” by Darius Rucker
- “Make It Sweet,” by Old Dominion
- “H.O.L.Y. “ by Florida Georgia Line
- “Body Like A Back Road” by Sam Hunt
- “More Girls Like You” by Kip Moore
With these great wedding reception songs, you and your guests will surely have a good time. Don’t forget to add your favorite songs to give your wedding dance playlist a personal touch. And remember, just because you have a list doesn’t mean you can’t change it up on the day! Trust your gut, and you’ll know whether it’s time to throw on some classic party songs or something more romantic. Happy dancing!