Selecting the right music is a huge aspect of planning your wedding. Whether you’re walking down the aisle or dancing your first dance as a married couple, you want to put thought behind the decision.
Some choices, like picking the perfect garter toss songs, can be a bit more challenging. Use this guide featuring a list of the best tunes for your wedding song playlist to set the mood for the garter or bouquet toss.
What Is The Garter Toss?
The garter toss is a classic tradition that many couples opt to include in the wedding reception. The ritual is very similar to the bouquet toss, where the bride will launch her floral bouquet at her single friends to see which is next to be married.
With a garter toss, the single men vie for the chance to grab the tossed garter after it is removed by the groom in front of the crowd to a sexy tune. Use these ideas to select the perfect tune to catch the garters.
Country Garter Toss Songs
Hosting a wedding with a rustic feel? A country tune for the garter toss can add to the mood and give things the down-home edge you might be looking for.
These songs are not only meant to be sexy and gritty in a fun way, they are also guaranteed to get the guests stomping and hollering along in no time.
- Body Like a Back Road – Sam Hunt
- Boys Round Here – Blake Shelton
- Real Good Man– Tim McGraw
- Country Girl (Shake it For Me) – Luke Bryan
- I’m Still A Guy-Brad Paisley
- This One’s For The Girls-Martina McBride
- I Like It I Love It– Tim McGraw
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk – Trace Adkins
Funny Garter Toss Songs
Some couples can feel like the whole idea of the garter toss is a bit silly. If you want to include the tradition without making it seem too serious, these irreverent and funny garter toss songs might help suit your needs. From classics to modern beats, there are some songs that can be both sexy and ridiculous at the same time.
- Queen – Another One Bites the Dust
- Bad Boys (COPS Theme) – Inner Circle
- I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
- “Theme from Mission: Impossible,” by Lalo Schifrin
- Beastie Boys-Girls
- Flight of the Conchords-Business Time
- Whip It – Devo
Rock Garter Toss Songs
The garter toss typically happens a bit later in the evening. Some guests might be feeling lulled due to eating and drinking over the course of the night, meaning you need to really pick a song that will get the crowd roaring. These rock songs are surefire hits that will give the garter toss the electric energy it needs to satisfy.
- Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
- Bad to the Bone – George Thorogood and the Destroyers
- Sharp Dressed Man – ZZ Top
- Warrant-Cherry Pie
- Whatta Man – Salt N Pepa
- ZZ Top-Legs
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot-Pat Benatar-
- The Man – The Killers
- You Can Leave Your Hat On-Joe Cocker
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- I Know What Boys Like-The Waitresses
- One Way Or Another
Sexy Garter Toss Songs
The garter toss is a sexy affair by design. If you’re going to commit to this tradition to the fullest, you should pick a song that exudes a sexy energy.
Over the years, there have been countless songs aimed at helping a person feel the heat. These songs are a great way to get the crowd dancing.
- Sexy and I Know It -LMFAO
- You Sexy Thing,” Hot Chocolate
- “Hot in Herre,” Nelly
- “SexyBack,” Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland
- ~ Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?-Rod Stewart 1978 Disco Version
- “Dirrty,” Christina Aguilera
- Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye
- Love Sex Magic – Ciara ft. Justin Timberlake
- Promiscuous,” Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland
Hip Hop and R&B Garter Toss Songs
A fun and sexy moment often calls for a good beat. If you want a bassline or electronic sample that is worthy of the dance the groom has to do for the bride, look toward the hip-hop and R&B genres. These songs will get everyone out on the dance floor and get people to bust a move with ease.
- Real Good Man
- “Country Girl (Shake it For Me),” Luke Bryan
- Sexy and I Know It – LMFAO
- Come and Get It – Selena Gomez
- Rock Your Body – Justin Timberlake
- “Drunk in Love,” Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z
- “Hey Ya,” OutKast
- I’m Too Sexy 2007 (Tastemakers 12″)
- Salt ‘N’ Pepa – Whatta Man
- Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious (HD
- Milkshake– Kelis
- Let’s Get Married– Jagged Edge
- Bump n Grind
- Naughty Girl – Beyonce
Pop Garter Toss Songs
If you want a song that is guaranteed to please the entire crowd, you need to go with something that is recognized by everyone from the 20-somethings to the elders.
The pop category is perfect for this goal. These songs have been all over the radio and played everywhere over the last few decades. You can’t lose with pop tunes.
- She’s A Lady
- Gorilla – Bruno Mars
- The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
- Who Let The Dogs Out -Baha Men
- You Can Leave Your Hat On-Joe Cocker
- Ridin’ Solo -Jason Derulo
- The Man– Aloe Blacc
- Suit & Tie – Justin Timberlake
- I’m a Slave 4 U – Britney Spears
- A Little Less Conversation-Elvis Presley
Picking the right garter toss songs is all about what fits the mood of your event. Explore some of the selections listed here and see if any of these tunes are worthy of your big day.